- Invite the child to the lesson.
- Explain that the child will learn how to unroll a rug. Ask the child to watch.
- Kneel down and pick up the rug with both hands. Pause.
- Stand up and move to the desired destination.
- Kneel down to new position on the floor.
- Place the rug on the floor so that it is parallel with you. Pause.
- With both hands, slowly roll the rug away a little bit.
- Continue to evenly unroll the rug by rolling it away from you. You will have to crawl on the rug as you do this.
- Make sure the rug is nice, smooth, and flat by running your hands over any creases or wrinkles.
- Once the rug is evened out and you are ready to roll it back up, start with the end close to you.
- Using two hands, slowly fold the edge of the rug, and start to roll it.
- As you roll it, take time to pause and even out the sides by patting them into place.
- Keep rolling it slowly, and continue to pat the sides.
- Once it is complete, pick the rug up with both hands.
- Stand up, walk over to where it belongs, and carefully set it down.
Same as presentation.
Points of Interest
Evenly rolled, sides not protruding.
Independence, refinement of movement, care for environment.
2 1/2 to 3