- Explain that the children will learn how to interrupt a conversation.
- Ask two children to talk to one another about something they like.
- Slowly approach the two children and say “Excuse me, [child’s name], can I please talk to you for a moment?”
- Tell the children you are going to show them another way. Let them start talking again.
- “I’m sorry to interrupt, but can I please ask you a question [child’s name]?”
- Practice more variants of interrupting with the children.
- Engage in a conversation with one of the children and let the other child kindly interrupt your conversation. Switch roles with the children.
Teaching the children how to demonstrate respect by kindly interrupting a conversation while being polite.
3 1/2 to 4