- Explain that the children will learn how to begin and end a conversation.
- Invite a child to help you.
- Get down on their level.
- “Hello [first child’s name], do you have a moment to talk?”
- Pick a topic to talk about and exchange words, keeping it a balanced conversation.
- “Well, it was great talking to you [child’s name] but now I have to get back to work. Thank you. We can talk again soon.”
- Repeat this process with different topics and different opening and closing statements to show different wants to communicate the same thing.
- Encourage the children to practice this with their friends.
Teaching the children how to demonstrate respect for others time by beginning and ending a conversation politely.
3 1/2 to 4