- With an assistant’s help, explain that the children will learn how to welcome a visitor.
- Have the assistant knock on the door from the other side.
- Open the door for the assistant.
- Say to the assistant “Hello, my name is Nicholas, how can I help you?”
- After the assistant explains why he or she is there, tell the assistant “Thank you for coming, please wait right here so that I can tell my teacher that you are ready to visit.”
- Encourage the children to practice visiting each other and welcoming one another.
Teaching the children how to demonstrate respect for others, how to welcome each other, teachers, parents, guests, visitors, etc.
3 1/2 to 4