- Explain that the child will learn how to walk carefully around a table or work rug.
- Ask the child to watch you.
- Put your arms and hands behind your back.
- Keep your mouth closed and quiet.
- Slowly and carefully walk around the table or rug. Watch your steps.
- Ask the child if he noticed how your hands were kept to yourself, how slow you were, how quiet you were, and how you looked where you were going.
- Invite the child to follow you and practice it again.
Teaching the children how to demonstrate respect by not accidentally bumping into work on tables or rugs, or carelessly bumping into work.
3 1/2 to 4