- Invite the child to the lesson.
- Explain that the child will learn how to hand a sharp object to someone else. Ask the child to watch.
- Pick the scissors up by the handle with a pincer grip, two fingers in the large opening, pause, thumb in the small opening, pause.
- Make sure the scissors are closed all the way.
- Holding the scissors horizontally, hover the subdominant hand over the scissors. Pause.
- Carefully wrap your hand around the closed blade of the scissors. Pause.
- Release your dominant pincer grip. Pause.
- Extend your arm to the child, with the exposed handle towards the child.
- Ask the child to carefully put his fingers through the holes of the scissors and take them.
Same as presentation.
Points of Interest
Not grabbing the sharp edge of the object, walking very carefully with it.
Independence, control of voluntary movement, concentration, grace and courtesy.
2 1/2 to 3