- Explain that the children will learn how to greet a person.
- Make eye contact with the child.
- Extend your right hand to the child, and ask the child to put his or her arm out, too.
- Shake the child’s hand.
- Say hello, followed by the child’s name.
- Repeat these steps with all the children.
- Encourage the children to practice greeting each other if they would like.
Teaching the children how to demonstrate respect for others, how to greet each other, teachers, parents, guests, visitors, etc.
2 1/2 to 3 1/2