- Explain that the child will learn how to express appreciation.
- Say “Thank you so much [child’s name] for doing that [circumstantial] for me! It was nice of you and I felt very special.”
- Ask the child if he wants to practice showing appreciation towards you too.
- Do something nice for the child and let him practice his expression of appreciation.
- Explain that the child will learn how to express displeasure.
- Say “Hello [child’s name], I’m sorry but I did not like the [circumstantial]. I don’t want that anymore. Thank you.”
- Ask the child if he wants to practice displeasure with you.
- Ask the child if he wants to practice expressing displeasure too.
- Engage with the child, letting him practice his expression of displeasure.
Teaching the children how to demonstrate courtesy to others by appreciating their actions or expressing their displeasure in a kind way.
3 1/2 to 4