- Invite the child to the lesson.
- Explain that the child will learn how to carry a table with another person.
- Ask the child to stand on one side of the table.
- Stand on the opposite side of the table, facing the child.
- Ask the child to follow or copy as you do.
- With both hands, grab the edge of the table. Pause, look at the child.
- Tell the child now that we are both holding onto the table we are going to slowly lift the table up off the ground.
- Slowly lift the table four to six inches above the ground. Pause, look at the child.
- Tell the child we are going to walk sideways in the same direction.
- Slowly walk sideways until you reach the desired location.
- Tell the child now we are going to carefully put the table down.
- Slowly lower the table until all four legs touch the ground.
Same as presentation.
Points of Interest
Lifting the table is a new experience of weight.
4 to 5