12 identical blue right-angled scalene triangles.
- Invite the child to the lesson and sit by the rug.
- Remove the lid and take out 4 triangles. Place lid back on the box.
- Show the child different shapes you can build, such as rectangles and pinwheels.
- Invite the child to explore with the 4 triangles.
- Remove the lid and show the child that there are more triangles inside of the box.
- Invite the child to take the triangles out and explore.
The child explores the triangles, making patterns, shapes, or designs.
Control of Error
4 to 5
You can show the child that the triangles are double sided, or better yet let the child discover this on his/her own.